Monday, January 5, 2015

Scarjo is Motoko


In another act of sheer brilliance, Hollywood has yet again gone with the honor tradition of whitewashing characters by casting Scarlett Johansson as Motoko Kusanagi. I'm sure I will hear a ton of excuses as to why she should be her and I'm gonna tell you right now; I don't care, I'm tired of this happening all of the damn time nowadays, do we really need to make every character white? It's the beginning of the new year and I'm already seeing that the old ways are still here, much to my dismay.

I know that Hollywood is all about the bottom dollar but when are we gonna have more representation of different races on the big screen? I am 100% not for this casting decision at all ( nothing against ScarJo) and I am at a loss as to why they would cast a non Japanese ( Non asian for that matter) as the lead role in a movie based off an anime? Did they not see Dragonball Evolution? Well ok most people didn't but still, it's always a disaster when you try to pass something off as western based when it clearly is not. I guess only time will tell if the film is any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment