Tuesday, June 10, 2014

E3 2014: Let's talk Nintendo


Nintendo will be holding their E3 conference today so I thought why not give my input on what Nintendo should do?



I think we all remember the debacle that was the Wii U launch and so does Nintendo. They need to convince me to get a Wii U, I know thats the goal of all the companies but Nintendo really needs to show out.  Do what Microsoft did and keep the games coming. Less spec talk and more games.
Remember this guy Nintendo?

We all know that there will be a Mario game, Zelda and Super Smash Bros, but what about the older franchises? Nintendo has made bank off nostalgia so it's puzzling to me that franchises like Starfox and Metroid get little to no love; this needs to change.  Nintendo needs to make new entries in these franchises and what better place to announce it than E3?

I remember when Madworld came out on the Wii. It was an M rated game and should have been the start of Nintendo diversifying its catalog but I feel like they've gone away from it. There is an audience of hardcore gamers out there that Nintendo has been alienating for years, they should tap into this market this year. The games dont need to be rated M, I think a few fps games, non smash bros fighting games and some T rated action adventures would be a decent start.

Nintendo needs to wow this E3. Sales for the Wii U are nowhere near that of the Wii when it came out. Give us what we've been asking for and I guarantee you'll back in the game. Really you could just announce Starfox Wii U and win E3 so just do that.  I hope after the conference that I'll be more inclined to get a Wii U sooner rather than later.




No comments:

Post a Comment