Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Batman Arkham Knight: A Matter of Family Review



The Batgirl DLC has just been released for Xbox One and PS4....Let's see if it was worth the wait or not.



" A Matter of Family" is the name of the dlc which has you in the role of Batgirl (finally) as she takes on the Joker and Harley Quinn in an effort to save her dad. On the way you'll meet up with some hostages that'll need saving but luckily you'll have Robin with you to make things a bit easier. The combat is exactly what you'd expect which can be good or bad, personally I would have liked for their to have been some variation between Batman and Batgirl (or anyone for that matter) but it's as fluid as ever. In terms of dlc there is more to do here than in the previous releases (Harley Quinn and Red Hood) but it's not a terrible amount; after you complete the main story you're allowed to play
It is fun to kick ass as Babs
around the area finding collectibles and beating up any bad guys that still remain. The collectibles are slight distraction in what is otherwise a barren post game, very reminiscent of the post game of Arkham Asylum.

Overall there isn't much to say about the content because there isn't much of it, in fact I feel as if there was more to it than this but for whatever reason they cut down on it. That's not all they cut back on either, Batgirl has limited gadgets, can't upgrade her skills or armor and can't even grapple boost. I was left with a rather bittersweet taste in my mouth; I got just enough Batgirl to be teased but not enough to be satiated. Maybe the future dlc will have her and the other members of the family in free roam mode but to be honest, you're not missing out on much if you skip this dlc....you don't even get an additional skin out of it. I was really hoping that this would be a great addition to the game but once again I find myself let down.

* I dont know if this is just my version (PS4) but when  I downloaded the content, my Red Hood completion went from 100% to 5% and now I have to do it over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment