Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Fancast: The Next Spider-Man


Well this has been a crazy two days hasn't it? What with Marvel announcing that Spider-Man will be in Marvel films and now it is confirmed that Andrew Garfield won't be back, there is only one logical question to ask: Who the hell is gonna be Spider-Man? Well disembodied voice I'm glad that you asked because I have a few suggestions on who could fill that role.



Logan Lerman

This is my top choice for Spider-Man. I remember Marvel saying that they wanted a Spider-Man that was out of his teens and I think the 23 year old Logan fits the bill. He's old enough to where you could see him as a college student trying to make ends meet but also young enough to pull off that boyish charm that Spider-Man is known for. I also think he would make a stellar Peter Parker because look at him, doesn't he look like he'd rather solve equations than solve crimes? That would help to sell the story of your average kid who ends up with amazing powers and great responsibility. He is attached to the Percy Jackson series but if he were somehow able to get out of it I'm 100% certain Marvel would want him as the new webslinger.

Drake Bell


Ok so you guys may not know this but he's already Spider-Man...well on tv anyways. Drake voices Peter Parker in Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man so maybe it would be too far a stretch to think he might go from animated to live action? Granted he's a bit older than my first choice being 28, but Marvel did say they wanted an older Spider-Man and with make up and stuff he could look 25 ( a whole 3 years different I know..shut up) and he has shown the capacity to do comedy so at least we wouldn't have to worry about a non quippy Spider-Man.

Taron Egerton

We already had one British man play the role so we know Sony won't be shy hiring a Brit so why not choose Taron? He's already getting his name out there with Kingsman and from a financial standpoint they wouldn't have to pay him mega star money. Also I've heard good things about him from people who've seen Kingsman (it's not out yet because America) and I generally trust the people I hear things from.

Ok here is where we get a bit of the box

Alfred Enoch

I promise you I am not an anglophile but just hear me out ok? I know that racebending is a popular pc move that studios do in order to cash in on a market but if Marvel/Sony were to go that route then he is my number one choice. If you have seen "How to Get Away with Murder" he plays the awkward, nerdy kid so perfectly that it's logical for him to play Peter Parker. He is around the age range that Marvel said they wanted, he can act, he would bring a new spin on things and it would satisfy everyone who wants to see more non white heroes in films. Honestly though, watch HTGAWM and you'll see just why he's the most obvious not obvious choice around.

If Marvel/Sony wanted to be even more adventurous then they should cast...



ME! I have no discernible acting talent, nor have I acted in my life, nor am I the right size (6'8) and I pretty much would cost them more money than I'd make them; but on the plus side I wouldn't need a script because I already think I'm Spider-Man and this would just be me retelling stories from my own personal history. Vote me for Spider-Man.


I heard some ideas of casting a woman as Spider-Man and that's just weird because why make Peter a girl when you could just do a Spider-Woman movie? Anyways these are a few of my suggestions, obviously this isn't gospel but I think it's a pretty solid list. Agree? Disagree?

No comments:

Post a Comment