Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I Have A Theory About Reverse Flash


Ok so I just finished the most recent episode of "The Flash" and I had a theory about the whole reason why Reverse Flash is there and I wanna get it on record in case I'm right  (or totally wrong but I'm hoping for right) as I will be mentioning comic book stuff here so possible spoilers ahead.


What let's Barry (The Flash) move at the speeds that he does is a force called the "Speed Force", think of it like the representation of all the speed in the universe. It was mentioned in the end of the last episode where Wells was talking to the computer and if you noticed they mentioned that the tachyon thing was absorbing like 35% of the Speed Force, well the Speed Force ( I"m just gonna say SF) isn't an infinite source and having 2 people in the same universe using the SF caps out how much of it they can use. Imagine you had a bank account that had 1 million dollars in it, 1 million would be the max that you could take out; now imagine if someone else had access to your account and took 500k, you'd only be able to take out 500k total unless you could somehow reclaim that other 500k...that is what I think Wells is doing. He is using technology from the future so it's obvious he does not belong in the current timeline, this coupled with the fact that the SF allows for time travel had lead me to this theory:

Harrison Wells is training Barry Allen to be proficient enough with the SF in order to kill him and take the remaining energy so that he can finally return to his timeline/cause havoc throughout time.

It's why he will go to any length, including murder, to protect Barry at all cost. It's also why he wants Barry to increase his speed, why he chose to show himself as the Reverse Flash when he did, why he constantly checks the newspaper to see if the Flash is still around.  Now obviously they could be throwing misdirection our way since they know that people from the comics will be watching and trying to piece things together but I'm gonna ride with this. It still doesn't explain how he was in 2 places at once but whatever it's time travel or something....I'm not a scientist.

So yeah that's my theory, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought of it but I'm the only one to post it on this blog so it must count for something right?


No comments:

Post a Comment